Monday, June 30, 2008

THE MANY ADVENTURES OF BOB AND THOMAS


I got a text from my brother Brett today, at which I fell to the ground laughing. The message went like this: "I am playing golf right now with Bob and Thomas." What's so funny, right? Bob and Thomas were the names of Brett's imaginary friends when he was little. Thomas was a friend his own age, and Bob was Thomas' father (why one of his imaginary friends was a full-grown man, I don't know). Sometimes Bob and Thomas went along on family vacations, sometimes they stayed for dinner or sleepover. They had a place of their own, but preferred spending time at our house. I'm not even sure Bob had a job, must have been a stay-at-home dad or something. Sometimes when they went in the car with us, they needed their own seatbelts. Bob and Thomas were nice folks, didn't cause much trouble, rarely got blamed for "accidents", just liked to hang out and join in our adventures.

Brett has been in Northern California for the past five days helping Clark and my dad shoot wedding photos. Today my brothers decided to play a round of golf, and yep, the guys they were matched up with to make a foursome, were a father and son named Bob and Thomas! After all these years... I guess just one more adventure was in order.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

okay that is the funniest thing!
What's even funnier is that Brett is grown up! It seems like people should be the same as when you last saw them!

Jenifer said...

Maybe you thought they were imaginary, and all this time they were real! Jokes on you guys!

Hola I'm Jeff said...

works for me