Tuesday, June 24, 2008

NEW CAMERA!!!


Three exclamation points means I'M EXCITED!!! I got my first camera in 1988. I bought it from my brother when he needed some extra cash. It came with two different lenses, a really nice flash, and a bag to carry it all. I loved that camera and took it with me all the time. I still have the pictures I took with it in photo albums, and they look great after 20 years. But that camera bit the dust many years ago, and I moved on to other interests and hobbies. Lately I've been wanting to take that forgotten hobby back up, and I've been looking into a new, nice camera. Only problem is... they are soooooo expensive! Then the other day, I guess a piece of the sky must have fallen on my head, because I remembered that my very own brother is a professional photographer, and could probably help me find something! And as a matter of fact he did. Clark had a Canon 20D that he said they were not using much anymore, he would be willing to sell it to me, and at a really great price. He also included a nicer lens and some accessories.
He spent half hour or so giving me some instruction on how to use it, he was patient, but soon realized that he had opened a can of worms he didn't necessarily want to fish with. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm technologically impaired, and these new-fangled digital cameras are a little more techy than the ones from 20 years ago. He ended up writing some basic instructions down for me to get started with. His parting words went something like this: "Okay, now how do I say this, ummm... Kim, you are in no way qualified to be using this camera... so if you have trouble with it, I mean getting the results you want, don't blame the camera." Nice. Well, I guess that little pact we made in our tiny green house in Spokane, Washington, when we were 5 and 6 years old, to always tell each other everything, is still in effect!

side note: the guy in the pic of the camera is NOT Jeff, that guy is way too hairy. It's just a random image from google.

4 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

The funny thing about that photo is look at the guys hands. They don't look like his. They are white and don't have any hair on them. Perhaps they are George Constanza's hands

Jenifer said...

Awesome! I'm wanting a great new camera too! Blogging has done that to me!

Nathan W said...

Please post photos of Jeff's hands, I'd be willing to bet they are his - soft & supple

Kim Bringhurst said...

Hmmm... nope, not much resemblance to Jeff's hands as seen in this photo: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/264187037_3c533fd5d8.jpg?v=0