Monday, June 16, 2008

SUNDAY=FATHER'S DAY

Happy Father's Day to all the dads! I hope your day was filled with sloppy kisses, super hugs, power naps, and lots of yummy food... and whatever else you wished for.

At our house, we let Dad sleep in. Next we had breakfast that Jeff later admitted was just mediocre. Luckily it was Denny's who had to take the blame for that. Kaylee always comes through with a cute handmade card and poem, and this year she made Jeff a book entitled "Daddy and Me" that was sweet enough to make me tear up a little. In the afternoon what Jeff wanted most was to relax and watch the US Open, so that's what he did. Around 5 pm it was time to start visiting the grandpas. Both gatherings were scheduled for the same start time, so we had to split up, with Jeff going to his parents house and the kids and I going to my dad's. It's always been nice to get together at my dad's place with my siblings and their kids, but I just have to say, now that he's remarried, it's downright blissful! Diane is a fabulous cook and hostess!

Just look at all that yummy food!

Grandpa eating the yummy food.

After a couple of hours it was time to get over to the other party. It's always so nice during the summer months to sit in Grandpa Ellis' beautiful backyard. We brought dessert, chocolate covered strawberries, so we were welcomed enthusiastically when we got there. We stayed until the sun went down, talking and having a good time.

The night ended with a big ol' cousin sleepover at grandma and grandpa's. Brave, brave grandma and grandpa!

When I was a teenager, I decided I wasn't going to ever get married. BUT... if I ever did get married, he would have to be pretty amazing, because inevitably marriage would lead to kids, and I wanted to be sure that I picked someone who would be a great dad to my kids. Also, I knew it needed to be someone tall, so my kids would have half a chance at getting some height! Obviously I did marry, and have kids, and I couldn't be happier with the daddy I chose for those kids. He's the greatest!

1 comments:

Jenifer said...

What a perfect day! You can't beat family and yummy food! (And thanks for the pic of Meggy!)