Saturday, June 14, 2008

FRIDAY=FUN DAY


AT LAST! We got to take the boat out after weeks of cold weather! Last year we were wakeboarding in May, but this year the warmer days have been spotty at best, and the water temps at the lakes have been too cold to get in. Jeff decided we were going out on Friday, no matter what. The forecast called for temperatures in the 70s so we decided to give it a try. Not only did we pack towels and sunscreen, we made sure we had jackets and blankets, too. I decided before we left that this was not going to be my first ride of the year... I'm not good with the cold. But Brit has been waiting, not so patiently, to try out his new wakeboard so he was keeping his hopes up that the temps in Utah Lake would be warm enough to get in. Once on the water the thermometer read 63 degrees. We thought for sure Brit would chicken out! He didn't though, and was soon wiggling into his wetsuit for his first ride of the year, and first ride on his new board.
After one time up, he decided he was freezing his patooty off so he came back in the boat. My favorite part of boating is just being out there on the water. We took some time to drift and soak up the sun which was quite relaxing and therapeutic for me (while it lasted). I think it felt more like torture to my active, and easily bored husband because at precisely the moment I was drifting into a zen-like state, he felt it necessary to honk the horn! I guess that's why I felt it necessary to post this picture of him...
Our first boat outing of the season went pretty well. I may have accidentally scratched up the front of the boat by bringing it onto the trailer too fast... but I see no need to go into that "minor" little detail ;)

4 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

That is a nice picture. What a hunk! Did you forget the photo I have of you?

Hola I'm Jeff said...

Kim reaching a zen like state:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtLPyVJb7Y

Kristi said...

Kaylee looks like a little brown haired you! How fun! I think it would be fun to own a boat, but my husband doesn't, so it will probably never happen.

Jenifer said...

BRRRRRR! Jeffs nipples are going to cut the lens on the camera!