Thursday, July 3, 2008

GOD BLESS KOREAN-AMERICANS


This is where my thought trail went today as I looked out my kitchen window. I had been singing "God Bless America" in my head, (Independence Day) when I looked out to see my brother sweating buckets in the midday heat as he stained our deck. If Devin is staining the deck, it means I don't have to, and that's a good thing. I don't know what I was on when I thought we could get the entire house painted, carpeted, cleaned, remodeled, and organized in time to put it up for sale. But I must have really been nuts to think we could tackle the exterior and yard too, all by ourselves, with no outside help!!! So, today, as I moped around cursing my mutinous body for having a Fibro flare-up at a time when I need it to cooperate most, I was grateful for the help we're getting. Thanks so much to Devin, Tanner (my nephew), the sprinkler guy Jeremy, and Oscar and his lawn crew.

Progress report: This week we got the basement painted and the new carpet put in. It looks and smells fantastic. Devin scraped and painted the white wood fences, and will have the deck completely done tomorrow. Tanner came over a couple of days this week to help with flower beds and general yard maintenance. He's trying to work enough hours to earn a muzzle loader (rifle) from Jeff.

1 comments:

Jenifer said...

You could move here and have rock landscaping and no basement! Sounds like you have great help! Thanks for the phone call, it meant a lot to me.