Tuesday, July 29, 2008

AMIDST ALL THE CHAOS...


A certain somebody has to go and have a birthday! Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a full day of laziness and good food. I slept in, then stayed in bed even after I was awake, then finally got up. I ate my first meal at 1 p.m., if that helps put my level of laziness into perspective. Jeff had to work, so the kids and I just took it easy most of the day. Kaylee and I managed to make it to the mall to look for clothes to wear to my super-fantastic dinner later that night. Kaylee didn't find anything she loved, but I found a cute dress and some really cute shoes! We left for Park City soon after Jeff got home. Our dinner reservations were for Chez Betty, one of my favorite places to eat on this entire earth! Brit got kind of sick on the way, so he spent a good 45 minutes in the bathroom, before we knew if we were going to be able to even sit down. Turns out he needs to stop drinking full water bottles on an emptly stomach. Kids! I ordered the Chef's Tasting Menu which included all four courses. First course was a cold melon soup, second course was an arugula and fried peach salad, main course was salmon with horseradish potatoes in a bacon herb broth, and dessert was chocolate pudding cake with house-made coconut ice cream. Can you even believe how good that all sounds?!? It WAS as good as it sounds. It was also nice to be in Park City where the air seems a little cleaner, and the temps are a little lower. This year my birthday was just the way I like them... lazy and delicious!

Thanks to everyone who dropped by, emailed, called, I/M-ed, and texted, their happy birthdays to me!!! I honestly don't deserve such great friends and family! But if I'm honest, I loved the extra attention :) Thanks to Kaylee, Brit, and Jeff for making my birthday great. Love to everyone!

4 comments:

britaag said...

oh man your salmon was the best i have ever had!!!!!=)
oh and dont forget the desert i got, that was soooooooo much better than yours ;)

Jenifer said...

I'm glad you relaxed and had a great day! 29, right?

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Ali said...

Yummy!Reading about your dinner was making my mouth water! Sounds like I need to make a dinner date with my husband to Chez Betty!
Happy Birthday Kim! Glad you had a great one!