Monday, April 14, 2008

A TOUGH WEEK... AND THEN SPRING!


As I've mentioned in previous posts, we are remodeling our house. I have a budget to work with so I'm trying to save money wherever I can. I am forking over the $$$ to have my wood floors sanded and refinished in my entryway and kitchen, so I decided to save money by doing the painting myself. I've done plenty of painting in the past and feel like I've learned from my mistakes. I wanted to do a bang up job this time so I bought high quality stuff and was meticulous about doing a great job, including all the ceiling, moulding, and taping necessary to make it look professional. That being said... I am not as young as I used to be! Not to mention I am carrying around about 20 extra lbs. right now, combined with my pesky Fibromyalgia, and I was really suffering by the end of the week! Then something miraculous happened on Saturday- spring arrived!!! This winter has been such a long, cold one, and I've tried harder this year than any other to have a good attitude about the cold and snow, but even Jeff and Brit started to get sick of the crappy weather(and they usually love winter)! I spent the entire day on Saturday outdoors enjoying the sun and warm, and loved every minute of it. Yesterday was even warmer, and today is supposed to reach the 70s! Three days of sunny warm weather should be enough to get me through to the next warm spell.

2 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

The kitchen looks really good. You should be proud of the great job you did.

Jenifer said...

I can't wait to see all of your hard work. You need to post pics so I can see what you've been doing! yay for spring, this winter seems like it will never go away!