Saturday, April 26, 2008

SIMPLIFY

Do you ever feel like the walls are closing in around you? Like you're living in clutter and excess? I had been feeling this way for a few years, and realized that we have a lot of stuff! After nearly 18 years of marriage, Jeff and I have quite the collection going on here, and we both decided it was time to simplify. So over the past couple of weeks we have been taking pictures of things, and then posting them in the classifieds. We've listed everything from barnyard implements, to household appliances, to collectibles, and we've been surprised at how much unused stuff we have been able to sell in just a couple of weekends! Not to mention the extra cash we have because of it. It's almost like the house is opening up a little more, like we can breathe easier or something. So I've decided that I'd like to have this feeling in more areas of my life... I'm going to simplify in other ways too. I'll keep ya posted (pun intended).

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Simplify is my friends word for the year. She has been a lot happier since simplifying her life and getting rid of the clutter. She is Cara on my friends list. Good luck!

Nathan W said...

Sell that old bag of a husband and you'll be amazed at not only how much space it will open up but how much better the place will smell!

Kim Bringhurst said...

*Jen: I'll have to check out Cara's blog...

*Nate: I said we were getting rid of stuff we don't USE anymore ;?