Thursday, April 24, 2008

"HERE'S YOUR SIGN..."


...or signal, whichever the case may be. You know that you're not getting enough sleep, and under a little too much stress, when you stop for a red light... and then RUN IT! Yes, that is exactly what I did today on my way home from Costco! I have been navigating the streets of Sandy City for nearly 23 years now, and frequenting this particular four-way intersection at 700 E. and 11000 S. regularly for almost as long. Yet today, for some reason, I treated this four-way light signal intersection as a four-way stop sign intersection! I've never ever done anything like this before! Maybe I shouldn't be driving right now. Especially with kids in the car. Luckily, when I stopped, I looked both ways to make sure no one was coming before I ran the red light. The only thing I can think of is that I've been basically without enough sleep for about two months now, and have a little too much going on with sick people, sick animals, home renovation, and all the regular busy stuff. I'd like to think that's the problem, and not something like early onset "senility", or late onset "typical blonde disorder." Maybe I'll just drive with my hazard lights on for a while... after all, I am a hazard to other drivers!

4 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

Did the kids say anything to you?

Kim Bringhurst said...

Kaylee stayed at home sick, and Brit was too stunned to say anything till after the fact.

Jenifer said...

you need a vacation. i have a room with your name on it!

Kaylee said...

Kinda glad I wasn't there!