Friday, April 4, 2008

REMODELING


I've decided that there are many things about our house that need to be updated and remodeled, so, I'm on the task. My biggest issue with taking on these kinds of projects is that I have a really hard time trying to decide what I want. The second biggest issue is, of course, my budget! It would be easier to make decisions if I had unlimited $$$$$ to back them up. I have decided that this time I will use brighter, happier colors for paint and decor. I was inspired by our trip to the Caribbean! I am starting in the kitchen and will work out from there. I read an interesting theory on home remodeling and the strong desire we have to make a change now and then... the author suggested this stems from our ancient imprinting when humans lived in better harmony with nature as hunter/gatherers. The ancients lived in tune with, and most often lived directly in nature where the landscapes and living conditions were constantly changing. Whatever the reason, this will be quite a year around the Bringhurst house! Wish us luck!

0 comments: