Tuesday, November 25, 2008

AND IT BEGINS...

I decided to get my Thanksgiving grocery shopping done early this year, so I went today. Two days before the holiday IS early for me and it took a real effort to make my goal. You see, I don't like shopping much in any form, especially grocery shopping right before a holiday- or the Superbowl. Is the Superbowl a holiday in our Country? Anyway, so I anticipate how horrible it's going to be and usually put it off for just one more day, until finally it's the morning of, and I have to get up extra early (like all the other losers like me) and hope I don't forget anything. But this year is different, and I got my shopping done early. Yay me! But I spent sooooo much money! I spent more money than I've ever spent in one shopping trip at a regular grocery store. I decided Costco doesn't count since everyone spends way more than necessary when they go to Costco. We are making the yams and two pies this year. Kaylee wanted to make everything from scratch so I had to buy a bunch of ingredients that we don't keep on hand around here. Things like flour, sugar, lots and lots of butter, and more flour and sugar. Which begs the question, what kind of household doesn't have flour and sugar? How lazy does that mother have to be? Actually, I blame Oprah and Dr. Oz. I already felt guilty about eating sugar, drinking soda pop, and eating meat. Now I'm not sure if there's anything I should keep around the house besides brown rice, apples, and leafy greens!

So I got my stuff, spent a crap-load of money, and I'll be going back tomorrow for the things I forgot. The lines were not too bad so I'll be calling it a success. Now if I can only get my Christmas cards out in time, and then... ugh!.. get all my Christmas shopping done. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Grocery shopping is on my list of "mom things I hate to do"

Jenifer said...

Flour sugar and butter? Those aren't your staples? those are the three things pretty much guaranteed to be at my house:) Have a fun Turkey Day!