Tuesday, November 18, 2008

THE LITTLE RED SHED

The barn has been on my list of things to fix since, well, FOREVER!

See the insulation all dirty and hanging down?

And the garbage laying around...

And muddy stalls because the roof has been leaking!

So we have been working on it for the past five days, non-stop, and we've fixed the roof, we've painted, and put the walls back up that had fallen down. We have worked hard! And working hard hurts! And the barn is not even close to being done. But I feel better about it already. I love the Dutch-door we built, just the kids and I, all by ourselves! It's so cute!

But my most favorite part of this HUGE project is my little red shed. There's something about a red barn or barn-shaped shed that really gets me happy. Even better that I turned this old, crappy, falling apart, shed into the cuteness it is now! I've been looking out at it all afternoon just to get that warm, fuzzy feeling all over again.

Now before you go judgin' me, and thinkin' I'm bordering on obsessive, you think back to the last project you completed that you were really proud of. And then once you've re-lived that, and you still can't relate, well then maybe you were right about me. And then maybe real soon an intervention may need to be in order.

2 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

These look awesome!

Kristi said...

I love the whole barn, little red shed thing too. It has a feel of simpler times. Good job!