Monday, November 3, 2008

WELCOME TO FACEBOOK

So I guess most of you know what I'm talking about? The problem here is that I don't know what I'm doing!!! I've had a Facebook account/profile/whatever for... I don't know... a year or two, and when I first signed up it was at the request of a childhood friend. I created my profile (and yes I know it sucks) and then kind of forgot about it. Every once in a while I'd get requests to be friends with people, mostly people I really didn't know, but that was about it. But all of a sudden my friends have exploded! What's up? Is everyone in some kind of Facebook competition to acquire the most friends? Do you all talk to each other? Do you all have really cool profiles? I'm starting to feel like a huge Facebook loser now that I have all these friends and I don't even know what I'm doing! I barely have time to keep up with my blog. So Facebook friends beware... I may just be the biggest "friend" mistake you ever made!

Okay, now if you are really my friend, you will know that I can't just let this thing die. It's gonna bug me until I update my profile. Then it's gonna bug me when I don't update my profile often enough. Then I'm gonna think about what I've put on my profile and it's gonna bug me that I said something wrong, or I added too much. See the twisted mind we are dealing with here? So fine. I'll update my profile, I'll check my account more often, I'll read my "friends" profiles, and I'll try to find new friends. But there is no way, no how, I'm gonna have time to keep up with my Goodreads account!

Crap! There's that little voice in my head again...

1 comments:

Kristi said...

I am totally laughing. I pretty much use facebook to waste time. I do find a few "lost" people every now and then. Good luck