Thursday, September 18, 2008

BONEHEAD


Another tale from the little farm we call home. We have been keeping a gym bag by the back door to grab when we are going out, and we keep it stocked with the stuff we will need if we decide to play tennis, etc. Tuesday was Kaylee's birthday and she wanted to play tennis in the morning, but instead of taking the whole bag, we just grabbed a couple of energy bars and our water bottles. In our rush to get out the door, we left the gym bag unzipped. When we got back, we found wrappers for Luna bars, Cliff bars, well... lots of different bars scattered from room to room in the house! Dumb dogs!!! It was annoying, but our own faults, so we just cleaned up the wrappers and hoped the dogs wouldn't suffer ill effects from too much fiber ;)

Later as I was making my bed, I found an uneaten granola bar under one of the pillows on my bed... weird. I picked up the bar and finished making my bed with all the hundreds of pillows, both practical and decorative (it's quite a process to make my bed). I mentioned to Kaylee that I'd found the granola bar under my pillow and she said she'd found one under one of her pillows when she made her bed! Getting weirder! We didn't have time to ponder the situation too much because we were going out to lunch at Kaylee's request. She wanted Chinese for lunch which meant that as soon as we got home, we were all running for a bathroom. As I ran past my bed to get to the toilet, I noticed it was completely trashed!!! After closer inspection I could tell that somebody had been desperately looking for something in my bed. I called the kids up to see if they had done it, I mean if someone really wants to mess with me, moving my pillows after I've spent the 30 minutes to arrange them just so is a great way to put me in the fetal position. (Maybe a slight exaggeration) It wasn't them, and I pretty much knew that before I asked, so it had to be one of the animals. Kaylee's bed was messed up too, although that damn dog left hers only slightly damaged, so the logical conclusion was to blame Jasmine. Of course it was Jasmine... Dodger never does anything naughty. I guess she must have found the granola bars in the open bag, eaten as many as she wanted, and then tried to "bury" the rest. Of the two dogs we have left, she is the digger, and the one with the most feral tendencies. We've all heard about dogs burying bones, but I had just never had a dog who actually did it. I guess Jasmine felt that burying her booty under pillows was the next best thing to dirt!

Two days later, and we are still finding hidden bars throughout the house! Jasmine is a bonehead.

1 comments:

Jenifer said...

Hahaha! I thought you were going to end the story saying that Jeff had been playing a joke on you! Poor Jasmine. And the $400 in energy bars. Yeesh!