Sunday, August 10, 2008

WILL IT SOON BE FAREWELL, OLD FRIEND?


I think I may soon be losing a good friend. No real diagnostics have been done, there is not a definite diagnosis, there are just signs. It's the risk we all take, I guess when we branch out and allow relationships to develop in our lives. It's always hard to say goodbye, but more so, I think, depending on the level of the relationship, the time invested. We've spent time together on a daily basis, many a sleepless night have we worked through my "issues". And how can I ever repay the wealth of information I've gained from this too brief, yet infintely meaningful time spent together.

But lately the signs have been all too evident. You are slowing down, not able to perform like you used to, getting sick more often. Many of the treatments are only working temporarily, or sometimes not at all. I know that I will do everything I can to help prolong your life, but eventually the end will come. I hope that we will have enough time to do all the things we need to prepare. I hope that I can glean all the necessary information from you that I will need to carry into my next relationship. I hope that I will be able to find another that will equal, or preferably surpass you and your great qualities. I would like to make just one request, if I could... I beg of you, please, PLEASE, hang in there long enough for me to figure out how to transfer all of my email addresses and contact info before you die!!!

To my sweet Toshiba Satellite L25-1216 laptop computer, I will miss you when you are gone!

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

I was tearing up thinking that you were talking about Squish! So happy that it is a computer!

Kim Bringhurst said...

Naw, comedy is a good mask for actual grief...

Hola I'm Jeff said...

too bad you done know a computer nerd that will work on it

Kristi said...

ohh too sad.... :-) yipeee for a new computer! I love new ones.
Saw Melissa, Jenny, Nicki, Susan Gygi, Julie Lund, Jimmy Gale and Jared Larsen at our 20 year reunion. It was fun to see them all.