Monday, January 26, 2009

I HATE MONDAYS

In case we needed another reason to hate Mondays... To maximize our time together on weekends when Jeff comes down, he has scheduled his flights home on Monday mornings. Jeff and I woke this morning around 5 a.m. An hour of the day that no one should ever have to be witness to! The worst part- we really didn't need to get up until 6 so we had to lay there thinking about the next 10 long days until he can visit us again. I was brave though. I figure being brave is the least I can do for everyone else since this whole arrangement is my fault. Driving to the airport has not been a big issue, traffic is not too bad... come to think of it... traffic is never really much of an issue here in AZ. But once we pull up to the drop-off area, Kaylee starts in with the tears. I'm not allowed to cry for the same reason I have to be brave. Hugs and kisses, and then he is gone. It sucks!

We had a great weekend though. We went to the Desert Botanical Gardens on Saturday where they are hosting the Chihuly glass exhibit for a few months. It was a nice afternoon, we learned what most of the prickly, spiny plants are that have taken a chunk out of us more than once. I took about 200 photos while we were there, but I won't post that many! Besides, only a few turned out really well.

One of the blown glass chandeliers


The Fam


More glass and cacti


A horrible wound!


Glass balls in a boat. Why? Not sure... it's art, ya know?


Purple flowers, in winter, in the desert.


The boys


Kaylee's growing interest in pots


It's called "The Blue Boat"


Beautiful but dangerous ground cover


Gnarly


We had a great weekend. Besides our trip to the Botanical Gardens, we had a yummy dinner and visit with the Woodards, we played games, watched movies, and enjoyed being together! Thanks Dad for your time, your snuggles, and for being here this weekend.

3 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

I miss you guys already. Thanks for the great post!

Jenifer said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had fun.

Krista said...

Oh...You are so brave! Things seem to be working out! Sounds like you are doing a good job of taking advantage of all you can! Be glad you missed getting dumped on last night! Miss ya!