Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PERSONAL PROGRESS

Today I've been thinking about personal progression. This afternoon I will pack the kids into the car and drive into downtown Salt Lake City to be there when my brother Joe is recognized for something he's accomplished over the past year. Joe has worked hard for this day and he's sacrificed to get here. So today I'm reminded of the journey we all make while stationed here on this planet, and how different each person's accomplishments may be. I think it can be tempting to compare ourselves with others who may seem to shine a little brighter, or look a little more put together... or at least I've found myself doing that at times. But more and more, I've come to see that it's really just a "personal" thing. We all shine in our own ways! I think the journey is harder for some than for others, and it's impossible to know how hard one person may have to work to get to the same place that another person may have found easily. I love to hear that someone has accomplished a goal, or made progress in their life, it kind of feels the same as when I accomplish something myself. So here is me, sending out the goodness to ya'll, and all of your "personal" progress!

0 comments: