Friday, February 22, 2008

SCUBA DOOBIE DO






We had our first snorkel/scuba class last night and loved it! Jeff and I have snorkeled a little bit, but the kids have never done it and we thought it would be a good idea to get some instruction before diving into the deep blue sea. We leave next Friday for our week long Caribbean cruise where we will have plenty of opportunity to snorkel. We debated about spending even more money (than we are already spending on the cruise) on the class, but after doing it, I can say it was definitely money well spent. We had a great time and both kids really took to both the snorkeling and scuba parts. I had never tried scuba either... it's soooooo cool! I think the family might be hooked! It's really bizarre at first to be breathing while under water. Every once in a while you want to panic, but you know you can't. Enjoy the pics!


3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Fun pics! You are going to have such a great time on your vacation. Too bad you are landlocked eh?

Kim Bringhurst said...

Yet another reminder of how my geography just does not suit me... but yes, it will be a welcome break from winter to be somewhere warm and sunny!

Ali said...

Kim, I love to dive too! It's been a long time though since I have had an opportunity to go. Wish we were heading to the sunshine and warm beaches. Have a great Trip!!

- and a note for your above post....I can't believe you felt insecure about being a mom! You are a great mom, it shows through your adorable and accomplished kids!