Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VD AND A CRAP-LOAD OF MUSEUMS

In case you didn't already know, last weekend was Valentine's Day. Jeff wasn't planning to fly down three weekends in a row, but all it took was this face...

...and he was sunk. So Daddy arrived, chocolates in hand, to make this the best Valentine's Day weekend of all time.


Friday we decided to have lunch at The Landmark Restaurant in downtown Mesa. It was yummy and a fun/unique place to eat. And while we were already there, we thought, why not visit the Arizona Museum of Natural History?


This guy (or gal) greets you as you walk in and my first thought was that I'm grateful Jeff will be hunting tiny (helpless and defenseless) wild pigs this next weekend instead of one of these. The odds are more in the humans' favor to get out alive, I'd think.


Imagine meeting this guy face to face in a dark alley! Sort of looks like me in the mirror first thing in the morning... till I get my face on.


The Museum was just aw'right dog, it was just okay for me. For the life of me I cannot understand why this...






And even more specifically, why in the world, this?..






Apparently many of the answers we seek can be found by simply lifting the lid! There was more on poop, A LOT more, but I am too tired to to go on. It's time for me to take a break. Maybe I'll have some tea... and poop.


Saturday we stumbled upon Apacheland but it deserves a post of it's own. Hopefully I'll give it one!

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

That is poop-tastic. I WAS thinking I should check out that museum, but I think I just saw everything.
You had me worried there with your post. Thought maybe you got VD for Valentines.

Ali said...

Kim it looks like you guys are having a fabulous time in the AZ sunshine. I hope it is helping you feel better. And I am impressed by all your new knowledge you are gaining at the Museums! Who new poop info was museum worthy artifacts.
Glad to see you guys are doing well!