Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HIGHS AND LOWS

Unless you were actually here today, you will NOT believe how warm it was... 87 degrees!!! Can you even believe it? And I don't think that is a record high for this date. It has been really warm for about three days and even though it's harder to walk the dogs in the middle of the day, it makes the evenings and nights sooooo nice. It reminds me of summer in Utah, here, right now. So today I am loving the extra warm weather and trying to preserve the feeling of being warm enough so that I can make it through the rest of March when we get back in a couple of weeks. Another high point to the past few days has been my current wheels. My brother-in-law has been borrowing our big, black truck for hauling around atvs and whatnot, so I got "stuck" with my sis-in-laws RAV4. Oh how I love parking wherever I want, pulling in and out of traffic without cringing, or holding my breath every time I have to merge on to the Interstate. The RAV4 is no Prius, but it's still a pretty sweet car to be "stuck" with! Thanks Woodards!

Since we have a lot to do in the next 9 days before we leave AZ, we decided to tackle a few of those things today... get it over with. We have quickly become addicted to some of the things this lovely State has to offer that we just can't get at home. For example, we drove all the way out to Queen Creek Olive Mill again last week to get just one more yummy gelato, and stock up on the best olive oil you will ever taste. There are a few health food items that Sprouts carries here, and we've never seen in any of the local places in Utah so we needed to stock up there as well. On our way to one destination, we happened upon the grand opening of a Dunkin' Donuts and we decided we HAD to stop.
It didn't really even have to do with whether we can get Dunkin' Donuts in Utah or not, because maybe we can, I've never checked. It had more to do with the fact that we mostly eat the most bland and boring foods on the planet (at least they are bland compared to donuts) and donuts sounded so good today. Even better they have a drive-thru! We got a whole dozen and started eating them in the car right away. Brit took control of the box like he was the boss of us and all that; he said he would take a bite of each one and then pass them to us. Kaylee was turned around clawing at him and we were not settled back down until we each had a donut in hand. We pulled into the parking lot and that's when all hell broke loose! It took me several minutes to realize that we were just shoveling those poor donuts into our mouths like we might never eat again! I would say this is a new low for us, except that we did this same exact thing last week with KFC. Oh, and sorry about your car Jen. Haha! I'm kidding?

1 comments:

Krista said...

Warm weather, donuts, what's next??? No Utah does not have a dunkin donuts...The closest donut shop is in draper and a dozen is about $20! BTW...I love chocolate cake donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles;)JK!