Friday, May 9, 2008

MORE RENOVATION



I finished painting the kitchen a couple of weeks ago and have been focusing more on the yard since then. I finally got some pics taken of the new color and decorations, it was a bold move, so let me know whatcha think.

This weekend we decided to tackle the master bathroom. This room is by far the worst one in the house. When we moved in, the walls were growing some kind of mold or fungus, there was moldy pink carpet (that's right, carpet in a bathroom), and hideous fixtures from the 1970's! We did rip out the carpet and lay down a few of those self-adhesive tiles from the Dollar Store, and we got rid of the mold and painted when we moved in, but otherwise it has stayed the eyesore it was for the past six years. I should have taken some photos before we started the demolition, but all I have are a couple of shots of it gutted. We decided to lay a marble tile floor which we started today. I'm super excited to see the finished project! Hopefully we will finish most of it by tomorrow night so we won't have to work much on Mother's Day. I will post pics of the finished product.

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

LOVE the paint! And the cute Caribbean accents make it perfect! Way to go. Good luck in that bathroom. Bathrooms are the pits to re-do.
BTW: the blog police are very happy today. Thank you

Kim Bringhurst said...

I'm glad you like it. The bathroom is starting to look really nice. The marble floor is gorgeous! Should have before and afters to post soon.

Jenifer said...

I like the paint even more now since you changed your background, it was a little hard to see before.
Love love love the color.