Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MY MOAB MEMORIAL (Day weekend)


For nine years we have been going to Moab, Ut. for some of the best times of our lives, and this year is no exception. Memorial Day weekend is a good time to go because of the long break from work and school. We have had all kinds of people come along with us to share in our enthusiasm for this part of the world... and we love sharing it. This year Jeff's entire family was able to make it along with my friend Elisa and her three kids. Elisa's decision to come was kind of last minute, and since it was one of THE busiest weekends of the year, they ended up in our trailer. It was fun to have a big group all together... it reminded me of the motorhome trips my family made when I was a kid. This year we didn't have Jeeps or bikes so we spent more time hiking and relaxing around camp. I was so sad to leave yesterday... but we do have our memories and pictures... until next time...



I said "cheese" not freeze!



There's some cheese...



Hiking buddies



Can't go wrong with a thumbs up!!!



Beauty on the beasts! I bent down to take this pic and that horrible plant bit me!



Cute Kelson Family



My babies... sniff, sniff... so grown up.



Corona Arch hiking group



Corona Arch



Silliness



Aw... sweetness



...And a little nature lovin'



Oh, and a lot of exhaustion at the end of the day...



Good thing for good dogs! Thanks everyone who helped make my Moab Memorial Day weekend so memorable!

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Ahhhh...it was a great weekend! Hard to not have a good time there!

Kristi said...

Fun tradition! Sounds awesome!

Tony said...

Love the pictures of Carona Arch, one of my favorite arches!